Motor City Harley-Davidson
Job Title: Receptionist
Supervisor: Controller and/or Human Resources Assistant
Assist the office personnel of the dealership by greeting customers, answering the telephone, transferring calls, and taking messages for all dealership personnel. Assist office staff by typing letters and filing records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide courteous, prompt and accurate telephone answering service for all dealership personnel.
- Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously. Welcome customers to the dealership and provide assistance to them providing information, recording messages or forwarding calls.
- Greet internal and external customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Provide high quality assistance to office personnel to ensure a smooth running and productive office environment.
- Prepare letters, reports, financial contracts, and other correspondence.
- Open mail and routes it to appropriate dealership personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 2+ years’ customer service experience.
- Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, along with general email/internet.
- Experience using various Google Drive applications to include but not limited to Google Sheets and Google Docs a plus.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Pleasant phone manner.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and a neat, well organized work area.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Frequently works on a computer in a typical office environment.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment can be loud at times.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.